Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I think mine was closer to $600 still have not got a final numbers from the shop yet, could be more but you should send a PM to Starnut since he is a dealer perhaps he can provide more accurate cost.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Starnut,

should the BB comes with the crank when you ordered ?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I bought the Cannondale mt bike bearing and so far very please with the performance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
STARNUT said:
jimbonnet is correct. It's all sold in pieces. Thus............ the reason they have 2 BB choices. For what it's worth, the standard, not the ceramic, is the way to go.

Starnut
Just curious, but why do you say that? Your leanings on ceramic bearings in general, or is it something specific to the hollowgrams?

·
extremely biased
874 Posts
once again........... jimbonnet is right .................twice. So technically that makes it 3 times in one thread :)

The stock ceramics for the hollowgrams are poo. The new Enduro Zeros are not poo but are about $60 a bearing :eek: . GOOD ceramic ain't cheap.

For what its worth, we are running the Enduro ceramic Zero is the BB30 to 68mm conversion and they have been holding up well, real well in fact. Also, I've installed a few set on to some Supers and they have been click free.

Starnut

·
Registered
183 Posts
what is the difference between the hollogram sl crankset and the previous crankset? are there substantial performance differences between the two or is it a primarily stylistic/weight difference? my lbs said that they would try to get the sl crankset for me but they said that they would def. be able to get their hands on one of the slightly older ones. should i settle for the regular? if so, what price should i expect vs. the sl crankset?? thanks.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
There is a bit weight reduction on the SL but no big deal depending the cost I would wait and compare the two and then decide which version to go with. If you could save $100 or more I would wait for the SL version plus you get the red cap on the crank set.

·
Registered
183 Posts
thanks zamboni. i recently put in an order for a cdale crankset and im looking at from the perspective that im going to shell out a lot of $$$ to get these cranks so i may as well spend a little bit more to get the most recent stuff that cannondale is producing. is it noticibly more difficult to order black mtb cranks than the regular road ones? also, in order to make them road-compatible, all one would need to do is fit them to some road chainrings... is that correct? as for the bearings, i wasnt aware that the cannondale ceramics werent that great. my team has a sponorship with VCRC (they make loads of aftermarket ceramic bearings for wheels, derailleurs, bbs...). would i be better off picking up a set of VCRC BB30 bearings for a discounted price and having them installed? thanks again.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
According to the rep you can order individual black crank arms but once the black plating is worn off that could get ugly, I would stay with silver finish for that reason. If you look at the new SL crank noticed on the crank arm center area Cannondale shave off some of aluminum, the appreance is a bit nicer compare with the older version.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I'm running the OEM version from Cannondale had no experience with VCRC bearing at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.