Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a balckburn mag trackstand trainer and the bearings in it are dying, there's a definite hard / stiff spot at one point of the rotation. i took the unit apart and it looks like the bearings are pressed in units (made in bulgaria the seal says, weird), but i'm having no luck pounding the axel out. anyone done this before? i haven't had the opportunity to bring thios to my shop and use a proper hammer and vice, so maybe they just need a little more "persuasion" than i've been giving them, but any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
wooden legs said:
so i have a balckburn mag trackstand trainer and the bearings in it are dying, there's a definite hard / stiff spot at one point of the rotation. i took the unit apart and it looks like the bearings are pressed in units (made in bulgaria the seal says, weird), but i'm having no luck pounding the axel out. anyone done this before? i haven't had the opportunity to bring thios to my shop and use a proper hammer and vice, so maybe they just need a little more "persuasion" than i've been giving them, but any advice would be appreciated.
DId you just try to call Blackburn customer service? They'd probably warranty the whole resistance unit. They're really good about standing behind their stuff.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,415 Posts
Unless you take it apart (and "pound" on it )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts