Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give me a mountain to climb, a straight away to blitz, or traffic to dodge; and I won't have a problem. But when it comes to bikes themselves, im clueless.

So after I picked up a good cycle magazine I figured why not a book. So do you guys know any decent books worth the read? Whether they be informative, or just good reads im curious.

· Premium Member
10,106 Posts

· Registered
9,274 Posts
The Rider is good. It's a quick read, but has some great mental images. Bicycle Love is a fun read. Some of it's a little too much on the "I'm out to save the world by riding my bike" and Cars are the devil stories, but fun none the less.

Another good one is the Metal Cowboy or something like that. It's written by a guy that does these long tours. He has a great sense of humor and some great stories.

· Registered
22 Posts
Lance Armstrong's War by Daniel Coyle

I'm just nearing the end, and it's a great read. It's been my bathroom book for the past couple days. My wife wonders why I spend so much time in the bathroom. I just tell her it's her cooking.

· Alien Musician
4,542 Posts
It sounds like he wants books on bicycle maintenance/setup. There's loads of
books on this very subject - go to any Barnes and Noble and some of them are
quite large.

I ended up getting one that was an import but covers just about everything.

For entertaining reading, grab Bobke II by Bob Roll. Laughed until I was hoarse.

· gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
indianabob said:
I wish I read Dutch, to enjoy the original, as some probably got lost in the translation.
I think this is probably one time where things weren't lost in the translation - Dutch is pretty limited, at least compared to English. Zeker weeten.

The Rider is to cycling books, what Eddy Merckx is to cyclists ;)

· Resident Dutchbag
11,941 Posts
botto said:
Dutch is pretty limited, at least compared to English. Zeker weeten.
Lees Slauerhoff, Nescio, Elsschot en zo nog een paar, dan lullen we wel verder over de beperktheid van het Nederlands, begrepen? ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.