Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be alone (all alone) for your 30t bday:

- have your SO going to France for a friend's wedding 2 days before your bday
- have all your friends going camping to 50 different places or doing something taking all week-end
- have your parents insisting on calling you when you don't want to talk with them
- be an ex-alcoholic very, very tempted to go get a bottle of rhum, or two

So, today I'm 30 .... happy bday to me :s

·
Registered
125 Posts
Gonna Par-T like it's...

Yo Birthday!!!
View attachment 207058

Happy Birthday!! Don't drink the rummy. I find it's always better to ride alone than to drink alone. You'll feel better after riding. Sounds like you need to treat yourself to some new bike bling.

JSR

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Happy Birthday. And stop feeling sorry for yourself. Some of my worst birthdays have been "milestone" ones, such as my 18th birthday when I was a college freshman. I did not want to seem like I was begging for some kind of birthday celebration, but I have made several comments to my roommate leading up to the day that my 18th birthday was coming. As the day wore on, I thought that the guys in the dorm must have been planning a surprise party for me. Well, the surprise was that there was no party, no mention of the birthday, nothing. A few days later, I casually mentioned something about my birthday having just passed. My space cadet roommate responded- Why didn't you tell me when your birthday was, I would have done something. Another great milestone birthday was my 40th. My grandmother died on a Thursday, three days before my birthday. It was clear that the funeral was going to be on a Monday and that there was only going to be one day of viewing at the funeral home. I called my Aunt, who was making the arrangements, and asked if the viewing could be on Saturday, rather than Sunday, my 40th birthday. Well, you guessed it; the viewing was on my 40th birthday. Spending a milestone birthday with a corpse definitely reminds you of your mortality.

I have had lots of great birthdays. But, almost all of them have been in random years. Here's to hoping that your 31st is better than your 30th.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Happy Birfday! Sorry the circumstances around it are kinda sucky for you...although it sounds like there's great potential for lots of quality NNCing time in your weekend without the SO around!

The older I get the more that birthdays are just another day for me. I try to celebrate every day I actually wake up.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
sorry 'bout the poor situation.

having a (miserable) birthday beats the hell out of ....... not having one.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
herve_g said:
Be alone (all alone) for your 30t bday:

- have your SO going to France for a friend's wedding 2 days before your bday
- have all your friends going camping to 50 different places or doing something taking all week-end
- have your parents insisting on calling you when you don't want to talk with them
- be an ex-alcoholic very, very tempted to go get a bottle of rhum, or two

So, today I'm 30 .... happy bday to me :s
You need to get a PM chat going with asciibaron. He'll cheer you up post haste.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Happy birthday! And you're not alone, you're celebrating with Teh Lownje! You'll get cake, corgeez, and NNC. What could be better.

·
Proud luddite
7,190 Posts
Happy birthday, dude. Stay away from that bottle...it's nothing but trouble. Just go to an Asian massage parlor and have a fun time instead.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
go to france?

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Birthday Ride! Throw the bike in the car, drive somewhere you've never been, pedal, get lost, have an adventure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You could always make it special for someone else. Do something out of the ordinary today. Not necessarily helping the old lady across the street, but something meaningful (other than hanging out here).

Happy Birthday!

·
slow rider
385 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! First go ride the same distance as your age, next spend the day on yourself. Go do something you've always wanted to do. Then HTFU.:D :thumbsup:
I hired a band for your bday, enjoy!
:9:

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Happy Birthday!! I don't see them as a big deal anymore, and have never had a big party for any of the milestones.

Just treat yourself well: Buy something you've been wanting; eat whatevertheheck you want; go for a great ride (always puts things into perspective.) And stay off the bottle. :wink5:

·
Proud luddite
7,190 Posts
Christine said:
Happy Birthday!! I don't see them as a big deal anymore, and have never had a big party for any of the milestones.

Just treat yourself well: Buy something you've been wanting; eat whatevertheheck you want; go for a great ride (always puts things into perspective.) And stay off the bottle. :wink5:
I agree, with the exception of the 100th b-day. If I make it that far, I want a freakin' party, dangit! And maybe a parade. I'll do my birthday bike ride too but I might switch from miles to kilometers for that one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My 39th b-day is sunday, an i'm installing a new front door on my house then going for a ride.

.....all alone

·
done
3,293 Posts
Happy birthday. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, it never makes you feel any better. Go for a ride. Get a really sexy call girl and go out for a really nice dinner then take her back to your place and let her earn her money. Take pics of the post-dinner action for the girlfriend and caption them, "Wish you were here, XOXO!" It'd be your most memorable bday ever!

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Sorry for the so far bad bday... Go make it better. Cut out of work and go ride your bike. Go to a decent place to eat afterward with a book and relax.. Make the most of it because ya only live once.

I've spent a good number of birthdays doing nothing.. pretty common for me actually. Only had a few that were any fun.

So.. on that note. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts