Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I am asking about a possible clip on bar to use for TT on a stock road bike, i am a reasonably fit road racer who is not built for a tt(hence not saving for a tt bike short term). Basically i see all sorts of shapes ie ones which are relatively flat to those which have quite a turn up at the front end. As i have never used these bars before, i am just looking for advice like previously stated on a model of clip on bar to use, if not what should i be looking for a ''flat style'' extension or one whose ends are turned up. If it helps my back etc can tolerate a fairly aggressive position.

Thankyou for your time, and look forward to any constructive commments

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
The differences you see may just be because of the range of adjustments which most bars have. For my occasional sorry attempts at time-trialing, I like these Easton aluminium Aeroforce bars. ($40 used, off eBay). They're set flat in the top picture, and up with the aerobar tips actually a few millimeter above the saddle (the "Rivendell" position :)) in the bottom photo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.