Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
off the back
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Blackburn TP-2 gave up the ghost today, and while their recent pumps are covered under a lifetime warranty, i've had this one for so long that i'm not really expecting them to replace it. if they do, that's going above and beyond good service.

so what do you guys recommend for a good, accurate, reliable, preferably not too expensive, floor pump?

·
Slowpoke
86 Posts
rufus said:
my Blackburn TP-2 gave up the ghost today, and while their recent pumps are covered under a lifetime warranty, i've had this one for so long that i'm not really expecting them to replace it. if they do, that's going above and beyond good service.

so what do you guys recommend for a good, accurate, reliable, preferably not too expensive, floor pump?
Contact them. They will honor the warranty. I've bought 3 pumps (2 frame, 1 floor) just because of this product backing.

·
Tourist
989 Posts
have the Topeak Joe Blow max, paid something like 16$ on sale from Performance a bunch of years ago. Works well. Every couple years, the head stops getting tight correctly when I move it, I call Topeak and they send me a new head for free, very fast. Nothing to complain about.

·
Registered
841 Posts
rufus said:

I've had good luck with the topeak joe blow pro. Never cared for the silca. YMMV.

·
off the back
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carbonman said:
Contact them. They will honor the warranty. I've bought 3 pumps (2 frame, 1 floor) just because of this product backing.
i did contact them, and if they do offer a replacement, that'll be above and beyond anything i'd expect in customer service, considering how long i've had this pump(long before they got bought up by Bell.)

they did send me a new hose last year after the old woven fibre one sprung a leak, which i thought was amazing service then. if they replace this pump, i'd be overwhelmed. just not really expecting them to, andnot gonna hold it against them if they don't.

·
n00bsauce
13,627 Posts
I third the Joe Blow. I've had one for 10+ years and have done nothing to it. It lives in the garage (Wisconsin winters) and basement and pumps tires for my 8 bikes and half the neighborhood's kids. Just this spring I started to hear a squeak and feel some blow by. A drop of light oil and all is well. The head fits a little looser than it used to but still pumps easily to 120#. Hard to beat this kind of performance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.