Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my wife LOVES the look of a cruiser, but me being the bike geek I am, I think a single or 3 speed or even 7 speed would be too limiting for her to come along with me on more casual rides.

So, is there something out there that has the look of a cruiser but a triple crank and 8 or 9 speed cassette in the rear? She'd prefer twist shifting instead of finger triggers (I can always upgrade this after we get a frame she likes).

Oh, and she is average height for a woman (5-6 with proportionally longer legs/short torso). And she likes to be able to put her feet more or less flat on the ground with butt in saddle when at a stop.

I've recommended the Electra Townie several times. But she doesn't feel that quite captures the look she is after.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
krisdrum said:
Ok, so my wife LOVES the look of a cruiser, but me being the bike geek I am, I think a single or 3 speed or even 7 speed would be too limiting for her to come along with me on more casual rides.

So, is there something out there that has the look of a cruiser but a triple crank and 8 or 9 speed cassette in the rear? She'd prefer twist shifting instead of finger triggers (I can always upgrade this after we get a frame she likes).

Oh, and she is average height for a woman (5-6 with proportionally longer legs/short torso). And she likes to be able to put her feet more or less flat on the ground with butt in saddle when at a stop.

I've recommended the Electra Townie several times. But she doesn't feel that quite captures the look she is after.
Electra makes lots of bikes with a 3 speed. Also check out Nirve and Felt--maybe 3g bikes also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.