Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past couple weeks, I've been tearing myself to pieces trying to figure out what to do as the biking season rapidly approaches. I want a good all-arounder bike that will probably never see anything close to what a dedicated MTB is for. That's why I'm keeping my Trek 830 and probably not going to modify/upgrade it as I first thought.

Instead, after a lot of research, I considered getting two new bikes, one being the Vaya Claris or the Sequoia. My goal is to get something that'll be a bike I can keep for a very long time but isn't as aggressive seating-wise as my Trek. Anyway, these bikes seem really good, but I'm trying to figure out if the Sequoia is ~$300 better than the Vaya or if it's just the looks that I'm buying.

The other thing I've done is spent a lot of time on Nashbar, Bikes Direct and Bike Island to find something I'm comfortable putting together, but I'm concerned anything I get from there will be a pig in a poke. However, if anyone has any suggestions from those sites that has a similar geometry to the Vaya or the Sequoia, that'd be great. Ideally, I'm looking for a full steel bike, but those are surprisingly tough to find in the $1k and under bracket outside of commuters or cruisers. Thanks!

·
Registered
363 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.