Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vermonter
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Campagnolo still going to produce these cranksets? The reason I ask is that they seem to be disappearing from known sites such as PBK and Colorado Cyclist.

In fact a CC rep told me today that they are only going to sell 11 speeds in the Record line as soon as the last 10 speeds are gone. :confused:

·
Registered
505 Posts
record is now 11s. i can't see how future record cranks would be anything but 11s, nor how this would be much of a surprise.

there are still 2009 campy 10s groups available, including carbon cranks (centaur), but not at the record level.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
According to Campy this year Record crank arm is the same as last year except the chainrings is made for 11 speed.

·
Vermonter
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zamboni said:
According to Campy this year Record crank arm is the same as last year except the chainrings is made for 11 speed.
So if I decide in the future to go to an 11 group, I can keep my present 10 speed crank and just change the chainrings?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Correct and the 11 spd rings are not cheap.

·
Vermonter
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zamboni said:
Correct and the 11 spd rings are not cheap.
Thanks zamboni, I appreciate the input, I thought I'd have to go with a whole new crank.

I've always used Campy because you know the quality is always there, but they're starting to stretch my budget:D

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I can't wait until my SR11 install this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.