Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a new crankset for a frameset that I just ordered. My LBS tells me the FSA is better than the carbon Record? I was looking for some real world feedback on how the Campy performs?
Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just put mine on last week, so I've only managed to put about 50 KM on it. So far It's been great. Stiff, light and the prettiest crank out there.
I went from the Record aluminums and haven't noticed any difference yet.
I'm a relatively strong 185 #'s and they don't flex. The best part about going Record is the bulletproof BB, going by past records it'll outlast me. Which is more than I can say for any ISIS or Octalink BB I've used. I did manage to get 1 year out of my last ISIS, which is about triple what any other BB lasted.

Why does the LBS say the FSA is better?

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
galanz said:
Why does the LBS say the FSA is better?
Ignorance? Profit margin on parts? Who the hell knows? Why do some LBS twits claim that a Campy drivetrain is harder to adjust than a Shimano drivetrain?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah, that could be. Either that or the 'stiffer' argument.
I really have my doubts that any human could twist a Campy BB.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
galanz said:
Yeah, that could be. Either that or the 'stiffer' argument.
I really have my doubts that any human could twist a Campy BB.
Kerry Irons can. Why do you think Campagnolo was invented?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Iget the Ausy Mag Ride in there latest mag they did a test they loaded a 40kg on the arm and got the flex mesurement results FSA 3.76mm,RECORD CARBON,2.59mm,record was by far the best carbon crank

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like my Record Carbon

I switched from DA10 to Record10 about a year ago and was a bit worried about the stiffness issues (cranks and bb) because the bike shops and mfgs seem to bring it up so often. With some reservations I went with the Record Carbon cranks and bb to keep it all Campy. Not an ounce of regret. Seems to be just as stiff and smooth plus the bb is narrower so my heels don't rub on the crank anymore.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
lpdjshaw said:
With some reservations I went with the Record Carbon cranks and bb
i'd love to have that worried pit in my stomach....:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts