Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cramped badly during the final climb of a 56 mile RR this past Sunday when it was probably about 93 degrees. Anyway, both my quads and hamstrings cramped and although my quads are a little sore, my hamstrings are still really tight. I've been stretching and do very slow recovery rides. Just wondering what experience others have had. My feeling is that a bad cramp can take a number of days to recover from as far as the muscle soreness/tightness issue.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cramp Recovery

ridewt said:
I cramped badly during the final climb of a 56 mile RR this past Sunday when it was probably about 93 degrees. Anyway, both my quads and hamstrings cramped and although my quads are a little sore, my hamstrings are still really tight. I've been stretching and do very slow recovery rides. Just wondering what experience others have had. My feeling is that a bad cramp can take a number of days to recover from as far as the muscle soreness/tightness issue.
After extremely hard cramps, it takes on average four to five days for me to fully recover (probably because of my age - 41). For me, recovery rides and a higher intake of protein seems to help speed up the recovery process.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Was it Housatonic???

ridewt said:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes - Housatonic

Love that race. It's a real killer but I do love it. There are not many truly hard road races around but that is one of them. I wish the US race scene was more like Europe with the emphasis on road races but I'll take my good road races when I can find them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was with the 4s. My team mate won. I finished it 12 minutes and 55sec behind him. How did you do???

ridewt said:
Love that race. It's a real killer but I do love it. There are not many truly hard road races around but that is one of them. I wish the US race scene was more like Europe with the emphasis on road races but I'll take my good road races when I can find them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.