Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I really screwed up big time two weeks ago trying to get onto a train and I hit my left leg HARD against the turnstile bar. I hit it so hard that I couldn't walk well for about two days and after seeing a sports doctor, it seems as if I've caused some deep bruising in my quad, despite the fact there is no visible bruise. He recommended rest, easy spinning on the trainer, and lots of water.

I've been following his recommendations to the T.

Has anyone had bruising similar to what I'm experiencing? I have a helluva hard time sleeping because as my body relaxes, the muscle stretches out and hurts awfully bad, which wakes me up and keeps me tossing and turning. I'm kind of getting frustrated at my body's slow course of recovery, which couldn't come at a worst time seeing as how it's now the road season and my calendar of races is going down the crapper.

How long should I expect to spend recovering from this? Any stretching exercises I should do?

Spinning for a 1/2 hour at 100 watts is manageable, but anything harder and my leg don't like it. Heartbreaking, because two weeks ago I set personal power records coming off a three month training period.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
A bruise that bad could lead to internal clotting. If you notice any weird coloring go to the doctor immediately.

Keep the blood flowing and use mild embrocation to loosen up the surrounding muscle. After you work it get some ice to decrease inflammation. Those kinds of bruises are a PITA.

·
Reality Star
893 Posts
Go to the health food store and purchase a bottle of "Enzymes". The prototype is Wobenzyme from Germany. Take them on an empty stomach. Two hours after a meal and 30 minutes before a meal. It seems to speed recovery and improve healing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts