Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been putting a lot of work into my legs recently and they're starting to get a little flat. I've been using endurox immediately after riding. I am doing some active recovery riding today and was wondering if I would benefit from downing a bottle of endurox during the recovery ride? Would the increased blood flow supply more nutrients to my legs muscles? I'm sure its not gonna magically make me faster. But, every little bit helps.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
In my experience, when you go flat, the best thing is time off or really low intensity.

And I mean really low. Sups don't hlep all that much.

·
chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
+1 on sdeeer. Time off the bike, legs up, lots of sleep. Any riding should be really, really slow. Rest is much more crucial than any nutritional supplement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gut reaction, without you giving a lot of info about recovery and eating, I would say eat more in general. Also, post workout get in some carbs(glycogen replenishment plus an anabolic effect) + protein (muscle repair). Maybe something like 100g of carbohydrates and 40g protein. Try mixing some gatorade with protein powder. Or juice and a steak.

I think the endurox is quite low in protein (ok everyone chime in with the protein hating and talk about pissing it down the drain). But the fact is, protein purpose is to repair muscle tissue. Are you sore? Thats a sure sign you aren't getting the repair you need.

Do this every time you ride hard, you will feel more recovered.

Oh and +1 on these other guys but proper nutrition >= Rest make sure you are fueling right and resting!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not so much that their sore they're just a noticeable amount weaker. Lacking the snap and some endurance. Its not even so much a bad thing to be honest. I've been overloading them lately with more high intensity rides. Just wondering how to push them to their fullest potential. I know all about protein. I spent awhile being big into bodybuilding. 60-70 grams of protein at a time is the norm in that culture lol. But thanks for the tip. (That's not sarcasm)
I should also add that passive recovery doesn't work too well for me on off days. Immediately after a ride I rest and try to elevate if possible. But if I try to use a recovery day but staying entirely off the bike I run into serious cramping issues. Just trying to decide if drinking an endurox type of drink during the ride will be of any extra benefit than water or gatorade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts