Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Never Give Up!
1,231 Posts
Chocolate milk, and more chocolate please.... has always been my go to after riding any distance and/or intensity.

I can't eat heavy meals after a hard ride, i'm just not hungry... maybe due to eating while riding, usually fruits (banana's), mixed nuts (trail mix), crackers and peanut-butter and fig newton bars along with EFS Electrolyte gels and drink mix.

Occasionally if Chocolate milk is not available/an option, I alway pack a small baggie with a serving of
Myogenix AfterShock Recovery, just add water and drink if solid foods are not available with 30 minutes of riding.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,225 Posts
I gag at the thought of milk in that situation.... I like milk. I just can’t imagine it as a recovery drink, for me personally.
I think skim chocolate milk I could do. Full (4%) or 2%, not so much. Not after a hard ride.

·
wut?
504 Posts
I think the whole concern about recovery nutrition is way over-emphasized unless you are riding long and hard over consecutive days. Most people don't. Thus, the simple hand full of nuts approach would work well for many. Most cyclist's ride volume and intensity are light years away from stage racing at any level. It is just that we are all being sold so hard by all of the fitness nutrition suppliers out there that it makes us feel good to do what the pros do. ...And if that motivates you to ride more, then go for it! (y) But in reality, it is way overplayed much of the time.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts