Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,854 Posts
Model

One of the most effective ways to get Campagnolo cassettes at a reasonable price is to buy lower level models. For the most part we use Centaur and Veloce cassettes and once mounted I cannot tell the difference in them from the couple of Chorus cassettes I have. Even if you are running Record or Chorus on your bike buy the Centaur or Veloce cassettes. You are much better off with two lower level cassettes that you can change based on terrain than one high end cassette. Plus the lower level cassettes have lose cogs so you can mix and match to create some custom combinations.

·
n00bsauce
13,627 Posts

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
2nd that

Keeping up with Junior said:
One of the most effective ways to get Campagnolo cassettes at a reasonable price is to buy lower level models. For the most part we use Centaur and Veloce cassettes and once mounted I cannot tell the difference in them from the couple of Chorus cassettes I have. Even if you are running Record or Chorus on your bike buy the Centaur or Veloce cassettes. You are much better off with two lower level cassettes that you can change based on terrain than one high end cassette. Plus the lower level cassettes have lose cogs so you can mix and match to create some custom combinations.
I agree completely. There's no point whatsoever in using the higher end units. A few grams shaved and a fair $$ increment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.