Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pic's of My Red 2010 CAAD 9. I got the frame on ebay and originally built it up with a Rival Group and Ksyrium Elites that I already had. This was to be my bad weather \ training bike. Fast forward a few months and it is now sporting all the goodies from what was my fancy bike. I like this bike although originally I was not keen on the color it has grown on me a lot. The only things that I can see changing are the cranks, I think SISL Hollowgrams will finish it off nicely. I just put the white hoods on today, I think they match the seat pretty well. The Build is as follows.

2010 size 54 CAAD 9
Tune Hubs, CXray Spokes, Nimble spider clincher rims. (1264 gms according to the wheelbuilder)
SRAM Red shifters and Rear D
SRAM Force Front D
Zero G Ti Brakes
FSA K Force light BB30 Compact Crankset
LOOK Keo Carbon Ti pedals
FSA Carbon Bars and Stem
Fizik Antares carbon braid saddle

I haven't weighed it, so I do not have a clue about the weight. But it does feel pretty light and it rides like a dream.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
V nice Coldplay. As I said this was intended as my bad weather \ training bike but it is such a great frame that it is now my main ride. It has been treated to all the expensive stuff that was on my Scott Addict and I am now selling the Addict frameset. It is not that their is anything wrong with the Addict as it is an amazingly good frame. It's that the CAAD 9 to me is every bit as good.

· Registered
89 Posts
nce said:
V nice Coldplay. As I said this was intended as my bad weather \ training bike but it is such a great frame that it is now my main ride. It has been treated to all the expensive stuff that was on my Scott Addict and I am now selling the Addict frameset. It is not that their is anything wrong with the Addict as it is an amazingly good frame. It's that the CAAD 9 to me is every bit as good.
I agree... the CAAD9 is an incredible machine. You've got a great build there at 14+ lbs! Very nice! I'm not a racer by any means, but the CAAD9 is a rocket. Absolutely love riding it!
Thanks for posting the pics and have fun!

· Registered
147 Posts
88 rex said:
More companies should be making high performance aluminum frames like this. That is a great bike you have there!!
They are. BMC, Ridley, etc. Check out Competitive Cyclist. Budget alu race bikes with Rival are hot. Why spend $4k on a fully outfitted carbon race bike when you can get a crit special for <$2,000? Some companies like Guru et al are focusing on uber light weight, almost un-raceable bling bikes and I think they need to put more effort into designing efficient racers. Just saying, I freakin' love my CAAD9-4 and I feel it was a bargain even before my team deal.

· Naso Unicornis
907 Posts
cryoplasm said:
Not CAAD9 but not far off.

QUOTE]

The Six13 was my dream bike for a very long time. I always wanted either the Three Carbon Tube design that Simoni originally rode in raw aluminum/nude carbon or the Batagglia Italiana version that Cannondale featured at the 2005 Giro D'Italia.

I still see a few riders with a three carbon tube design with the Saeco team color, from time to time. Without question, it's a great bike. I must admit, the CAAD9 have me drooling these days, more than my inbound 2010 SS6 HM (warranty replacement).

CHL

· Registered
113 Posts
For the original Six13, look to CAAD7.

For the Batagglia, look to CAAD8. Two carbon tubes (up, down) not three and one carbon tube in Pro model of this iteration.

Whichever bike you pick from Cannondale's lines, it will be a good enough bike to do pretty much anything you want. If you go for the SS, make sure you aren't skimping on other areas of kit in that case. An expensive bike demands high end kit too, to boot. By that meaning, apparel, nutrition, training.

· Superstar
418 Posts
cryoplasm said:
For the original Six13, look to CAAD7.

For the Batagglia, look to CAAD8. Two carbon tubes (up, down) not three and one carbon tube in Pro model of this iteration.

Whichever bike you pick from Cannondale's lines, it will be a good enough bike to do pretty much anything you want. If you go for the SS, make sure you aren't skimping on other areas of kit in that case. An expensive bike demands high end kit too, to boot. By that meaning, apparel, nutrition, training.
Ha like my 10 Super HM with Aksiums. Also does it say something that we want the old frames not the new one.

· Sucker for carbon
266 Posts
nce said:
2010 size 54 CAAD 9
Tune Hubs, CXray Spokes, Nimble spider clincher rims. (1264 gms according to the wheelbuilder)
SRAM Red shifters and Rear D
SRAM Force Front D
Zero G Ti Brakes
FSA K Force light BB30 Compact Crankset
LOOK Keo Carbon Ti pedals
FSA Carbon Bars and Stem
Fizik Antares carbon braid saddle
nce, that's a seriously light build. Looks like you took care to minimize the weight of every component. Super light clinchers. I'm not surprised it's only 14.9lb! I've always really liked how the OS99 CSI stem matches perfectly with Red shifters. Sweet handlebar too. How do you like the ZeroG brakes?

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Skaruda, Thanks. I didn't originally intend for this to be a light build but I like the frame so much that It has become my main bike. I like the Zero G brakes a lot. I find that for me they have good modulation and feel. I found that the SRAM brakes were a little on the strong side for me.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The more I see the red CAAD 9's the more I like them, I may be a little biased. I am picking up black hollowgram siSL cranks tomorrow and just installed white cable housing. I'll post some new pics once the new cranks are installed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.