Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I may cross post in the components forum, but thought this was a good place to start. I have a Neuvation fc100 with SRAM red throughout, all with about 700 miles on it. I've not had any problems with so far, let alone a little cable stretching.

About 10 miles into a 12 miles ride my, on the only significant climb, the rear derailleur started auto downshifting from the largest cog on the cassette. It sounds likes it is in the shifter, as I could push the paddle all the way in and shift up, but if I released the pressure it would make the clicking noise of a down shift. I was cross-chained at this point, so I dropped to the inner chain ring up front, same problem.

When I finished the ride I checked the tension in the cables and did a little adjusting, but the shifter keeps making a click out of the largest cassette cog.

Any ideas? Seems like something may be slipping in the shifter, but I have never opened one up to see the internals to know what.

Ill contact Neuvation too about warranty.

Thanks
Dan

· Registered
1,872 Posts
I had similar problems with auto-downshifting on a cross bike w/Force.. but it was from dirty cables. The (low?) setting screw is likely the culprit in your case--take to a bike shop, they should be able to fix it in 5 min.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MarvinK said:
I had similar problems with auto-downshifting on a cross bike w/Force.. but it was from dirty cables. The (low?) setting screw is likely the culprit in your case--take to a bike shop, they should be able to fix it in 5 min.

Di you have an audible click coming from the shifter body when it was downshifting? I am going to pull the hood this evening and check it out as best I can, and give the rear d screws a check and cable tension. I would be psyched if that was all, as a warranty sounds like a bit of a pain and I would be without a bike for a bit!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.