Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
it depends..

Just got a set of Red Shifters recently!! Paided a lot of money for it on ebay. Prices are going for £200 - 300. Just the levers seperate. As they are limited on only Gruppo sets only!!

At the moment Im using the old Record Titanium (Carbon BB-System) Which is old and still running flawless. Yes!! Its 8-Speed. Which is a big change for me.

Im new to 10 Speed, Not tried and tested, still waiting for my frame. All I know its really stiff!! Taliored for Pro.

Maybe the reason for this stiffness, precise shifting and know when u shift to a gear or not. Makes u shift more argrassive throwing speed to different clogs (what do I know, still yet to find out)

If you don't mind spending that much money, you need something different then go for it, its all about personal choice)

Also, 2009 is just around the corner, 11 speed is yet to be seen. Not compatible to Red as it completely new different Drivetrain.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
hell no dude, its a spring we are talking about here... unless u have already worn out your current 10sp records somehow, forget about it.... or just wait till someone offers the spring like bandford bike and replace it urself when the time comes...

·
Rocket Scientist
1,009 Posts
I have the red shifters on my team bike. There is a significant difference but, from what I understand, there is some sort of serious upcharge for them. I prefer them but not sure if I would pay more than the regular price. I am supposedly getting a set of the springs so that I can put the stiffer shifting on my training bike so that both bikes have the same stiff shifting. However, that's one of those things that I'll believe when I actually have them in my hand: I was told that I would have the new springs by mid-May.

·
Registered
636 Posts
make friends with your local campag authorised repairer and have him up date the spring for you. Warranty will not be effected...

ps if you have a steady hand also paint your leavers too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.