Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw her in "vanity fair" yesterday.. brilliant. btw, what a nice movie. even if they cut the story badly to fit the 120 min standard, it is still faithfull to the spirit of the book. ironic dialogues, sharp criticism of society.. the actors are all brilliant and the scenes are a delight to watch.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
colker1 said:
saw her in "vanity fair" yesterday.. brilliant. btw, what a nice movie. even if they cut the story badly to fit the 120 min standard, it is still faithfull to the spirit of the book. ironic dialogues, sharp criticism of society.. the actors are all brilliant and the scenes are a delight to watch.
And she seems like the real deal, which is refreshing. Hope she can stay that way in Hollywood. I enjoyed her Oscar acceptance speech too, though she probably should have cut about the last 30 seconds. She was risking getting into Sally Fields "you really really like me" gushing land. But it was still sweet.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
What I can't figure is that she manages to speak in very nice voice for her movie roles---everything from Walk the Line to Vanity Fair, so why, when she's out of role, does she use that ghastly chirp, which makes my skin crawl?

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fredke said:
What I can't figure is that she manages to speak in very nice voice for her movie roles---everything from Walk the Line to Vanity Fair, so why, when she's out of role, does she use that ghastly chirp, which makes my skin crawl?
we better just watch her on character only.. fair enough for me.

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
colker1 said:
I'm glad Reese Witherspoon won last night. I think Walk the Line should have gotten a couple more nominations and another win or two.

I was sure Best Actress was gonna go to Felicity Huffman whom I thought did a great job. Guess the transgender character was a little too gross for the Academy.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
il sogno said:
I'm glad Reese Witherspoon won last night. I think Walk the Line should have gotten a couple more nominations and another win or two.

I was sure Best Actress was gonna go to Felicity Huffman whom I thought did a great job. Guess the transgender character was a little too gross for the Academy.
No Dame Judy Dench? Travesty!

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
No Dame Judy Dench? Travesty!
I thought she was pretty good in Pride and Prejudice. :)
I loved the best actress political slime comercials they did. Vote American! Vote for Reese. :D

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
il sogno said:
I thought she was pretty good in Pride and Prejudice. :)
I loved the best actress political slime comercials they did. Vote American! Vote for Reese. :D
Well I haven't seen Walk the Line yet nor most of the movies that won. I usually wait for the dVD version. I just think that any actress with a "dame" designation usually has a head start. ;)

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
il sogno said:

did you see vanity fair? the book is satyrical and the movie does quite well w/ that spirit. the actors are superb. bob hoskins , wow.. and the scenes: the ruined aristocrats receive the rich aunt for dinner.. and she knows they want her money. delicious.
it's direcetd by indian director mira nair.

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
colker1 said:
did you see vanity fair? the book is satyrical and the movie does quite well w/ that spirit. the actors are superb. bob hoskins , wow.. and the scenes: the ruined aristocrats receive the rich aunt for dinner.. and she knows they want her money. delicious.
it's direcetd by indian director mira nair.
Never saw Vanity Fair. I've heard Mira Nair is a very nice lady.

I liked Reese Witherspoon in Election as well as in Legally Blonde. She's done good work.

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
il sogno said:
Never saw Vanity Fair. I've heard Mira Nair is a very nice lady.

I liked Reese Witherspoon in Election as well as in Legally Blonde. She's done good work.
legally blonde is classic.. it's more g™y than brokeback mountain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.