Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
shomyoface said:
Your wit missed the rims
You can't possibly expect a serious answer when you didn't spec the number of spokes, type of spokes, type of nipples and lacing pattern. :rolleyes:

How are we supposed to go to the Excel Sports wheel building wizard and figure these things out for you with incomplete information? :skep:

Oh, before you ask: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Excel+Sports

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PeanutButterBreath said:
You can't possibly expect a serious answer when you didn't spec the number of spokes, type of spokes, type of nipples and lacing pattern. :rolleyes:

How are we supposed to go to the Excel Sports wheel building wizard and figure these things out for you with incomplete information? :skep:

Oh, before you ask: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Excel+Sports
Thanks, but I think everyone knows the Reflex is only available in 32 hole, and nips/spokes are only a few grams - plus, Excel doesn't have tubular rims available, nor does speedgoat.com which is also messed up anyway.

Thus, my Q

·
Registered
960 Posts
shomyoface said:
Thanks, but I think everyone knows the Reflex is only available in 32 hole, and nips/spokes are only a few grams - plus, Excel doesn't have tubular rims available, nor does speedgoat.com which is also messed up anyway.

Thus, my Q

The type of spokes used could vary your wheelset weight by 100 grams. Also, alu nipples vs brass make a difference as well.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Reflex comes in 32h and 36h. And really, it's just a bit of googling followed by some simple addition. Show some initiative, mang.

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
shomyoface said:
I also know I can do that, but folks on this forum know everything, and I figured this would be a viable question.......but this appears to be a stumper. I'll get the calculator out
Not a stumper. Just a simple chore. But not one that can be done with incomplete specs.

·
Registered
840 Posts
build: DT 240s/Reflex Ceramics/Sapim Race spokes, 32 2x front, 32 3x rear, brass nipples
Front: 714g
Rear: 856g

you'll save 20-30 grams per rim versus the ceramic coated rim. not the lightest, but a great wheelset overall.

oh, and these are the weights of actual wheels in my grubby hands. not a calculated weight.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Better late than never-

Anodized Reflex 32h, 3x rear, 240s hub, alloy nipples, black DT spokes - 880 grams
Same front, 2x- 730 grams
Total weight without skewers or cassette 1610 grams

I bought these used from a local hero for $300. :D

Why are Zank's wheels lighter?? Are these ceramic? 40 grams? 40 grams?!!? I can't live with those 40 grams. -Brian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.