Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good non-toxic solvent to get glue off tubular rims? Pedro's degreaser? I seem to remember someone using it. Others?

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea. It's pretty nasty and not very even.

·
veldrijder
444 Posts
Why does it have to be non-toxic? I can think of many solvents that will handle the job, but I wouldn't want to drink any of them...

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can too, like mineral spirits. But I've set up a little gizmo where I can let em sit and spin in the stuff until it comes clean andI don't especially want it laying around. I think Gripped or Coolio did something similar...Plus I'd like to "green" if I can.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx, although carbon is not an issue for me.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
make a little glue ball

and just start to roll it over the glue bed. it will just get bigger as it goes
easy from a wheel stand or fork. It will lift up enough to get it even

·
Registered
348 Posts
Kram said:
What is a good non-toxic solvent to get glue off tubular rims? Pedro's degreaser? I seem to remember someone using it. Others?
+1 on the goof off with scotch brite pads but it still takes some patience and elbow grease. Even though it's citrus based it can still burn skin and the fumes are unpleasant so it's better done outside. Be very sure to thoroughly wash off the solvent with lots of soap and hot water, you don't want solvent residue left over compromising your glue job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.