Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I have one...

San Marco makes both the Regal and Rolls saddles as "classics". The new "classic saddles'" come with ti rails and are available in embroidered or smooth leather. I have a smooth Regal saddle I bought slightly used on ebay (ti rails). I have been using it for over a year. It works for me. The leather comes all the way down on the sides, it's kind of domed shaped, long, wide, has a little raised ridge on the back, the rivets are more for show, but they do prevent the leather from pulling up from the rear of the saddle (which happened to me on a Rolls). You can find them for around $65.00 (Excel Sports). But if you check ebay every now and then a used one will pop up (I got mine for $37.00). Mine shows no sign of wear, I touch it up once and awhile with black shoe polish. They also come in white. There is no knowing if it will work for you. The Regal was Greg LeMonds favorite saddle. Mine should last for many years, no sign of wear. I intended on just trying out a used one to see if it would work and ended up keeping it. But one man's saddle is anothers man's torture rack. I'm sure someone will pop up to say that they had one and hated it.....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.