Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I would like to thank all of you guys here on this forum. I just started riding a couple days ago, having bought a new bike (Redline r750). I have learned a lot from just reading the replies to many of the these threads. I never thought i would know this much about road biking.

So, my question is (being a "newbie"): is there anything i should do before/after each ride? (grease chain, etc...)

Also, what are some regular things i can do so i can prolong the life of my bike?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

·
Two scoops of inertia.
530 Posts
what about it do you want to prolong? get a chain cleaner and keep your drivetrain lubed (not excessively) and clean in general. decrease your pedalling force, if only slightly, when shifting. You have to figure anything with bearings is fair game: BB, headset, hubs, pedals. Just fix whatever breaks.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
Tire pressure preride is the main thing. Just a quick wipe down when done riding to make sure things are clean, undamaged, and pretty for the next ride. Keep the drive trian free of gunk, cause it to wear out quicker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.