Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a hamstring issue for a couple years. I woke up that injury a few weeks ago, been nursing it, taking time off the bike, doing PT, etc. My rides have been shorter and easier.

I'm over the injury and trying to regain fitness. I'm 48, and 3-4 weeks of sporadic and light training took its toll...

To make it worse, it appears my stroke is $%*#ed. My right leg - the good one - is fading much faster and, a buddy/club mate asked "Dude, does your power meter give left/right data? 'Cause you are visibly favoring one leg - looks like you're limping." Great. Cleary, I've been compensating - making my right/good leg do more of the work.

Anyone got experience with this? Will that imbalance work itself out on its own? Surely, 40 years of pedaling can't be thrown off by a couple weeks of crappy form... right? right?

Assuming, I've got to be proactive in fixing that "limp", do you guys have any suggestions here? One-leg drills? Time in the gym? Power Cranks? (KIDDING!)

Thanks.

·
Registered
21,664 Posts
I've had a hamstring issue for a couple years. I woke up that injury a few weeks ago, been nursing it, taking time off the bike, doing PT, etc. My rides have been shorter and easier.

I'm over the injury and trying to regain fitness. I'm 48, and 3-4 weeks of sporadic and light training took its toll...

To make it worse, it appears my stroke is $%*#ed. My right leg - the good one - is fading much faster and, a buddy/club mate asked "Dude, does your power meter give left/right data? 'Cause you are visibly favoring one leg - looks like you're limping." Great. Cleary, I've been compensating - making my right/good leg do more of the work.

Anyone got experience with this? Will that imbalance work itself out on its own? Surely, 40 years of pedaling can't be thrown off by a couple weeks of crappy form... right? right?

Assuming, I've got to be proactive in fixing that "limp", do you guys have any suggestions here? One-leg drills? Time in the gym? Power Cranks? (KIDDING!)

Thanks.
One leg drills (start easy) seems a good bet. Come winter, a set of rollers will enforce a smoother and more even pedal stroke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.