Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Relaxed geometry choices – Roubaix, Synapse or Defy

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  albert owen 
anchor47 said:
I test road all 3 of these and I think it will come down to fit. I rode both the carbon and aluminum versions. It sounds like you are looking for carbon, and IMO all 3 of these where very comfortable rides in carbon. I preferred the Roubiax for the more upright position. The Giant Defy and the Synapse both road nice but had a bit more stretched out position. Bang for your buck the Giant had higher end components and a lower cost. Too bad the LBS in your area are so tough to work with. The only good way to decide is to ride.
Interesting. Were the bikes similar in saddle position, handlebars, and stem length? I ask because, in my frame size (54 or M), the synapse actually has the shortest effective top tube of the three. Considering seat tube angles, they should all be very similar in reach from the saddle if it's positioned about the same over the pedals.

I wonder if the bikes that felt stretched out to you simply had longer stems or different bars/shifter position? Based on the geometry charts, you should be able to fit all three pretty much identical by varying normal fit things like the stem angle and length, once saddle position and handlebar type and set up is set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.