Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
gazing from the shadows
27,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please people, on live race events or even the day of the race, keep spoilers out of the titles of your posts and indicate that there are spoilers inside. It is a courtesy. Thanks.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
dr hoo said:
Please people, on live race events or even the day of the race, keep spoilers out of the titles of your posts and indicate that there are spoilers inside. It is a courtesy. Thanks.

Sticky? :(

Seeing as its towards the beginning of the season and many more races are to come and this is a great place for discussion...

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Don I've been here longer than you

and for the last 3 plus years it has been posted that SPOILER is not needed in the racing forum. It usually gets posted every year explaining the rule. The basic tenet of the rule (because so much real time posting is going on) that if you don't wanna know, don't visit the site until you do.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
from the archives

Without reciting all the reasons discussed in other threads, here is what we'll do:

1. No spoilers, without disclosure, in any forum other than the Tour/Giro (now racing) Forum. If you discuss results in any other forum, do not reveal results in the topic line, and put "spoiler" or "results" in the topic line. All posts not in compliance will be deleted, and if people persist in violating the rules, they risk getting banned.

2. The Tour/Giro Forum is wide open fair game. Don't go there if you don't want to see results

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
Sticky? :(

Seeing as its towards the beginning of the season and many more races are to come and this is a great place for discussion...
Towards the beginning of the season? Classics time is almost over already!

·
Super Moderator
19,482 Posts
atpjunkie said:
Without reciting all the reasons discussed in other threads, here is what we'll do:

1. No spoilers, without disclosure, in any forum other than the Tour/Giro (now racing) Forum. If you discuss results in any other forum, do not reveal results in the topic line, and put "spoiler" or "results" in the topic line. All posts not in compliance will be deleted, and if people persist in violating the rules, they risk getting banned.

2. The Tour/Giro Forum is wide open fair game. Don't go there if you don't want to see results
Sorry, I disagree. I like to enter the RBR site through the Classic Forums page and from there you can see the title of the most recent post in the all of the forums. When posters put spoilers in the title it means I cannot log on to RBR all day if I want to watch the taped show later in the day.

If someone has a way of entering this site without viewing the Forums page, please let me know. :)

·
gazing from the shadows
27,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
atpjunkie said:
and for the last 3 plus years it has been posted that SPOILER is not needed in the racing forum. It usually gets posted every year explaining the rule. The basic tenet of the rule (because so much real time posting is going on) that if you don't wanna know, don't visit the site until you do.

Yeah, but while it is going on how much does it take to not post it in the title?

In this case I was responding to a PM complaint. This is not my normal moderator turf, so if I have violated the normal procedure feel free to do as you wish..

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
yeah been debated here for years

if you did an archive search you'd find the position that I put forth is not mine but the one that has been used in this forum (racing Only) for years.

the rules have always been that Racing (formely Tour-Giro-Vuelta) is Spoiler alert free due to the real time posting that goes on. The accepted rule has been, if ya don't wanna know don't come in,.but I see sogno's point, make the titles a bit less blatant as it does show in the main view of all the forums

1 - 8 of 8 Posts