·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Why would you want to remove it ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
fun at hardware store

Cdale makes a tool kit to remove those inserts, it works great. Just like the tool that puts those things in you have to use a headset press with it. Perhaps I know of one who made a tool out of two diameters of PVC pipe and used a headset press to get one of those inserts out... Not so pro but it worked. I recommend finding a Cdale dealer with the removal tool kit, the process is quick and easy!

·
Registered
130 Posts
bikehook said:
Cdale makes a tool kit to remove those inserts, it works great. Just like the tool that puts those things in you have to use a headset press with it. Perhaps I know of one who made a tool out of two diameters of PVC pipe and used a headset press to get one of those inserts out... Not so pro but it worked. I recommend finding a Cdale dealer with the removal tool kit, the process is quick and easy!
you did this on a carbon shell?

·
Registered
6 Posts
metal on metal

My understanding is that all Supers and Systems have an AL bb shell bonded to the carbon, the threaded insert is a press fit into the AL shell. Running Si or BB30 the bearings sit on the AL shell, using a standard crank with threaded bb you gots to have the insert in there. I have removed the insert from the AL bb shell allowing the use of an Si crank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.