Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm used to riding a MTB where it's easy to get the tires between your brakes. You pull the two brake arms together and slide the wire out, which makes the arms seperate.

On my Devinci bike, I can't figure out how to take the tire off. I have 105 brakes, and like most road bikes, they are shaped a lot differently then MTB brakes. There must be an easy way to do this, but I can't figure it out.

David.

·
Registered
635 Posts
there should be a little lever type thing on the brake. This will twist up. It will open up the brakes so your wheel/tire will come out....

in the attached photo, it is the silver thing on the left, about half way up.....

hope that helps?

View attachment 49847

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
There's a little lever on the brakes that flips UP to open. They down open wide like cantis but should open enough to get wheel/tire out.

·
25yr Houston-Austin MS150
212 Posts
Coming from the MTB world, you will probably also find it much more difficult to get the tire off the rim to patch or replace an inner tube. Before that question comes up, I'll pre-emptively recommend the Crank Brothers' "Speed Lever." It's great. See http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/001005.php

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
curtw said:
Coming from the MTB world, you will probably also find it much more difficult to get the tire off the rim to patch or replace an inner tube. Before that question comes up, I'll pre-emptively recommend the Crank Brothers' "Speed Lever." It's great. See http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/001005.php
That's an inexpensive, great little tool. For tight tires, you just can't beat it.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
One more note about that release lever...

If you flip the lever and still don't have enough room, or the lever's already up, it's possible the cable was installed with the lever in the open position. In that case you'll have to loosen the cable, close the lever, then readjust and tighten the cable. Happens occasionally; never mind how I know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.