Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be heading to Disney Sunday for a week. The resort that I'm staying at rents bikes. Now I'm sure that they are cruisers, and there won't be a lot of time for riding, but since I'm coming from winter weather, and haven't been outside in over a month, I think it would be nice to take a ride if time permits. Anyone have experience in renting/riding at Disney?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah, some limited experience

First, one-speed baloon-tire cruisers are the only single bikes available to rent that I saw, also some cruiser-type tandems. Second, even though we were there less than a year ago (February '05), I don't recall the exact rental fees, but I think they may have been about $7-8 per hour, or $40-45 per day. If anything, the fees might be higher. Lastly, not many trails to ride, but if you decide to, I'm sure you will still enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Rental

Call Bike Works, 407-297-1550, and speak with Broadus. They do a have (kind of) a rental program. And you can get any type of bicycle (road, MTB, cruiser) at any quality level you want.

·
Just Riding Along
1,024 Posts
DItto FLBiker

Also, those resort prices are outrageous. A little internet and phone work should turn up a few shops in the area that have what you would like. Prices offered a few years ago (the last time I looked) were $100 for a week for a "high end" road bike; bring your pedals and shoes.

·
Roadies Rejoice
975 Posts
Cartman said:
I will be heading to Disney Sunday for a week. The resort that I'm staying at rents bikes. Now I'm sure that they are cruisers, and there won't be a lot of time for riding, but since I'm coming from winter weather, and haven't been outside in over a month, I think it would be nice to take a ride if time permits. Anyone have experience in renting/riding at Disney?
The bikes available are all crusiers as far as I know. Depending on what you want to do with respect to riding, they seem like a decent choice. In my opinion, renting a serious road bike is not worth the trouble, first of all, a Disney trip, (we're talking DisneyWorld Fla, correct) is both pricey and busy. Are you really going to take several hours a day and set it aside for riding. Secondly, the roads around Disney are not really, at least in my opinion going to provide a nice experience. They seem to be pretty busy and without much in the way of a shoulder to ride on. A road bike would seem to be a waste on the paths around the resorts as you can't really go fast with the pedestrian traffic you'll encounter.

If you just want to get out on a bike for an hour a day to explore and enjoy the outdoors, rent the cruiser and ride around, if you're looking to get in a more serious workout, most of the resorts I'm familiar with at Disney have very well equiped gyms with exercise bikes that are adequate for use while you are there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts