Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Cervelo that has alot of scratches on it and would like to get it repainted. can anyone give me any names of companies that do it? Would they just repaing over the other color or strip it down? What should the cost be?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
paulrich333 said:
I have a 2004 Cervelo that has alot of scratches on it and would like to get it repainted. can anyone give me any names of companies that do it? Would they just repaing over the other color or strip it down? What should the cost be?

Thanks.
Most places do a full repaint. Aluminum and steel frames are stripped by media blasting (like sand blasting but using other media generally)

Lowest cost with best durability: powder coat with a local vendor for around $50-100. Includes blasting. Single color only generally. Spectrum in Colorado does exotic multi color powder coat.

Most other painters charge $200-300 for a single color paint job. Decals and additional clear coat raise the price. Multi color and pinstriping add even more.

A google search on bicycle painting will give you lots of choices. Joe Bell and CycleArt are amongst the more expensive but do quality work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts