Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a repair stand and wanted to get opinions on the Park PRS-25. It seems to be fairly new and I haven't been able to find any reviews.

http://www.parktool.com/products/detail.asp?cat=23&item=PRS-25#

Looking for feedback on this stand or recommendations of another stand at this price point ($200-300) that I should get instead. Definitely want a quality stand that is sturdy, portable, and easy to work with.

·
Sucker for carbon
266 Posts
I have the PCS-10, it's been great for all the criteria you mentioned. I'm sure you'd be happy with a PRS-25. Park tool makes quality stuff.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the PRS-21, before that bought the PCS-9. I didn't like the mounting of the bike via the seatpost and it took up way too much space. Much happier with the more secure mounting and portability of the PRS-21.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
I have an Ultimate and like it. Looks like they're sold as Feedback Sports now, I think mine's the Sport Mechanic model. Their truing stand sucks though.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have an old Park tool stand that I've had for years. The only problem is that it has a spring lever clamp that works great on bike with round tubes.
My new Giant Defy Adv doesn't have a round tube anywhere....anyone have a stand they use for bikes with weird shaped tubes?

Thanks
-Rich

·
Registered
136 Posts
lacofdfireman said:
Don't own a Park Repair stand but I know they make good tools... I own a Feedback Sports Repair Stand and don't think I would trade it for any other stand out there. Very Sturdy, strong, and best of all it's portable... Here is a link to the one I own... http://www.feedbacksports.com/products/pro-classic_repair_stand.aspx

If you bought this stand I have no doubt you would be as happy as I am...
+1 for the Feedback Sports but this is the one I have and love it.:thumbsup:
http://www.feedbacksports.com/products/Sport-mechanic_repair_stand.aspx

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
rzims said:
I have an old Park tool stand that I've had for years. The only problem is that it has a spring lever clamp that works great on bike with round tubes.
My new Giant Defy Adv doesn't have a round tube anywhere....anyone have a stand they use for bikes with weird shaped tubes?

Thanks
-Rich
I also have a Defy Advanced. My Park stand, which is VERY old, has an adjustment on the clamp. There are 2 thumb wheels near the spring, and there are 2 holes in which to place them. The holes that are set back clamp looser than the front ones. I just adjust the stand depending on which bike is in there, loose for the Giant, and tight for the steel bikes. If left loose it won't clamp a steel tubed bike tightly enough to work on it.

I checked & my stand isn't listed anymore. IIRC it's from ~ 1970. If it were me, I'd call Park & ask them. Park stands are just awesome IMO.

·
Ironbutt
203 Posts
rzims said:
anyone have a stand they use for bikes with weird shaped tubes?

Thanks
-Rich
My wife's bike has some weird shaped tubes-I clamp the seat post with the work stand and its fine. Most new bikes have tubes that are thin enough that I wouldn't want to clamp them in the work stand. If a bike doesn't have enough seat post showing to fit in the clamp I just mark the post, extend it and clamp onto the post. When I am finished I return the seat post to its proper location. Or you can buy the Park internal seat tube clamp. Click on http://www.parktool.com/product/internal-seat-tube-clamp for the details

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
i'm fine with my $87 park pcs-9 repair stand with the manually screw-down clamp. my bike hasn't fallen off yet and i can manually rotate the bike with another knob in the back. it doesn't fold which sucks cuz it takes up all my storage space that i dont have enough of, but the construction is good, and it works well for me to clean and do some basic work on my bike outdoors.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
i'm fine with my $87 park pcs-9 repair stand with the manually screw-down clamp. my bike hasn't fallen off yet and i can manually rotate the bike with another knob in the back. it doesn't fold which sucks cuz it takes up all my storage space that i dont have enough of, but the construction is good, and it works well for me to clean and do some basic work on my bike outdoors.

Nice commuter. :D

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Ironbutt said:
My wife's bike has some weird shaped tubes-I clamp the seat post with the work stand and its fine. Most new bikes have tubes that are thin enough that I wouldn't want to clamp them in the work stand. If a bike doesn't have enough seat post showing to fit in the clamp I just mark the post, extend it and clamp onto the post. When I am finished I return the seat post to its proper location. Or you can buy the Park internal seat tube clamp. Click on http://www.parktool.com/product/internal-seat-tube-clamp for the details
Unfortunately this won't work for Giant Defys. There's not one single round tube on the bike, and that includes the seat post.

·
Registered
173 Posts
my park tool stand in less than 2 years old and will no longer adjust height as everything is seized up. this stand has been treated well. big disappointment.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts