Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
I'm a total newb with tubulars

Why did you buy them?

To repair, find puncture.....Peel back small section of base tape......cut small section of stiching.......patch.......re-sew stiching.......re-glue base tape......re-glue tire on rim.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, I bought them to use for my crits. I like how they roll. Anyhow, I just had the tire replaced with a Conti sprinter, since I have a race tonite and don't have the time. I'll practice on the Corsa. Those website's by Peanutbutter and jimbonnet were very helpful, thank you!

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Well, I bought them to use for my crits

This is the only valid reason to use them.

Take your time repairing it, and make sure you don't re-stich crooked.
(I usually use waxed dental floss to re-stich)

· Registered
464 Posts
I use to repair them, found it a pain (though Grumpy is right, waxed dental tape works great)

Have used Tire Alert for years. Typically wait till I have a few to send to him, he does a very good job now. Years ago (well over 10), his base tape was poor - I guess he was still learning, but no problems now

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it's worth getting them fixed as long as I just use them for my crits. I just raced on them for the first time and It was the best race I ever had. It almost felt like I was cheating.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.