Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of replacing my seat on my OLD commuter road bike. I had a very difficult time removing the the hex bolt that holds the seat in place. The bolt has been stripped by the prior owner. Before I install the new seat I would like to replace the bolt/screw. When could I buy something like this?

I called one bike shop and they said that then dont have them in stock...

· monkey with flamethrower
821 Posts
I don't know what bike shop you go to, but most shops that have been around for a while will have piles of old parts floating around that could probably work. As a tip for the future, with small parts such as screws, don't call on the phone. Its far easier for the wrench, who is probably very cranky and overworked this time of year, to actually see what you want. Trying to diagnose problems on the phone or find the exact part you describe isn't a fun experience.
You might just be better off putting a new cheap Kalloy post on. It'll set you back 20 bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.