Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if its possible to purchase and replace only the carbon portion of a Campy Chorus 10spd lever ?

I had a small accident and the carbon portion is scratched and gouged out quite a bit but the lever still functions perfectly fine so I would just like to replace the carbon portion.

Can anyone suggest a place to purchase that part, if possible.

Thanks
Power1369

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Yeah you can order it but it will be pricey. I have Campy Record on my old bike and I snapped off the small lever for the right shifter. They wanted something like $70.00 for a new one. I just ordered a brand new Ergo shifter as it had a lot of miles on it anyway..all those Campy parts can be purchased separately, that's one plus about Campy..see if Branford Bike can help you...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ouch !

You're right about expensive. I checked Branford and they wanted over $90 for just that part.

I think it will be better for me to order new levers from probikekit or somewhere like that.

Thanks for your help.
Power1369

·
Registered
413 Posts
power1369 said:
You're right about expensive. I checked Branford and they wanted over $90 for just that part.

I think it will be better for me to order new levers from probikekit or somewhere like that.

Thanks for your help.
Power1369
That's what I did. I got tired of rebuilding my ergos. First the springs then the ratchet mechanism then the hoods blah, blah, blah... Went to PBK and got NOS 2007 Record shifters with the cable set for about 300 american. Good deal I reckon.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Didn't the Ergo design change somewhat in 2007? In particular, I thought the left lever had a different pull ratio or something (i.e. the Quick Shift thing). Is it still compatible with older FD's? If not you may want to take that into account before ordering a new set of levers.

·
TheHeadlessThompsonGunner
523 Posts
Sand both levers down with 220 grit emery cloth. I did that with a pair that's still in use, and I honestly like them more than my glossy Record levers...

·
TheHeadlessThompsonGunner
523 Posts
teleguy57 said:
Nice look! I assume no problems with the feel -- probably a bit less slippery than the gloss finish?
Exactly. They feel great. I never ride with any kind of gloves, and though my hands don't really sweat, it wouldn't be much of a problem with these.

I actually think they look great, too, and keep people guessing as to whether they're Record or Chorus...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.