Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
info...

The differences are weight, cost and cog life. The Ti cogs will last about half as long.

FWIW, the only way to know that your cassette need changing is to install a new chain and see it the chain skips on any of the cogs under heavy pedaling pressure. Those skippig cogs are the most used. If the skipping cogs would be Ti on a DA cassette, they will wear out very quickly.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If money is no object, go for it so you'll never second guess yourself. If money is a consideration, stick with Ultegra, and spend the difference on something else for your bike. I have DA and Ultegra 10 speed each, and can tell absolutely no difference in shift quality. The DA is slightly lighter, but at a substantial cost (about double).

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
The the Ti cog is your most used cog, you need to reconsider your bike's gearing, front and back.

Anyways, on PBK, DA and Ultegra cassettes aren't that far off in cost. At least they're not when I bought mine. It was just a 20 dollar upcharge for my 12-23... which for some reason is 150 now. The dollar must be hurting...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts