Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
the fist
Joined
·
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day has finally come!

My old Cannondale Criterium series 3.0 is home!!!

She still needs stickers and some silver, 32 hole rims, but i couldn't be any happier to see her!:D :D :D :D :D
I spent a lot of miles on this bike since 1998. I took her down last year while steeped in BMC frenzy. It was pretty difficult finding paint for a bike locally. But I kept at it and it paid off.
I also added new stem, bars, seatpost, saddle, and headset. I kept my 7700 series Dura Ace and SS Speedplays.
After all, it is just an object. But I have spent a lot of time on this bike. It means quite a lot to me as an object and as a part of my life. There's a hint of shame in my day's pride. I briefly pondered getting rid of her due to discouragement at finding a painter (glad I didn't).

In the end, I did the right thing.

Now. Here are some pic of her in fine, new style including my trusty old garage stool
 

·
Rollin' Stones
Joined
·
2,560 Posts
That's awesome!
 

·
Frog Whisperer
Joined
·
40,886 Posts
beautiful
 

·
waterproof*
Joined
·
41,608 Posts
I have never seen a saddle that color... nice.

/ had a blue and white 3.0 w/ Campy Athena back in the day.
 

·
the fist
Joined
·
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Creakyknees said:
I have never seen a saddle that color... nice.

/ had a blue and white 3.0 w/ Campy Athena back in the day.
It's amazing that Deda makes tape that matches the saddle. i am thinking about slapping one on my Fix, too


I remember the blue/white Cannondales:thumbsup:
 

·
Mehpic
Joined
·
8,162 Posts
T-shirt said:
Why are you using bottom bracket cups for a headset?

good question- which headset is that? it does look like a set of external bb cups.

great looking bike. need some green ano cable ends? lemmie know.
 

·
the fist
Joined
·
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2cflyr said:
good question- which headset is that? it does look like a set of external bb cups.

great looking bike. need some green ano cable ends? lemmie know.
Aerozine is the headset maker...it never struck me that it looks like BB cups, until you guys pointed it out. but i still love the little bit of white poppin' out on the cap.

I could use some green cable ends to be sure!:)
 

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
Joined
·
9,416 Posts
Very nice.

Is all that Deda gear (bars, stem, seatpost) what originally came w/the bike, or did you get that somewhere? If you bought it recently, let us know where--some of of prefer silver parts, but they're a bit hard to get these days.

edit: I see that they're new, now that I read the words instead of just looking at the pics. But where did you get?
 

·
the fist
Joined
·
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bikeboy389 said:
Very nice.

Is all that Deda gear (bars, stem, seatpost) what originally came w/the bike, or did you get that somewhere? If you bought it recently, let us know where--some of of prefer silver parts, but they're a bit hard to get these days.

edit: I see that they're new, now that I read the words instead of just looking at the pics. But where did you get?
Right here in ol' pbk land
http://www.probikekit.com/advsearch.php?AQUERY=deda&INSTOCK=No&START=0&LIMIT=59

The silver stuff is not very expensive, but very pretty and shiny!

I wnat these for my Fix: http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=K0129
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top