Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lucked into some old retro gear from the 73-76 team Bianchi-Campagnolo. This is the 2- time world champion (Basso and Gimondi) squad that duked it out w/ the Moltenis, Brooklyns, etc... I am pretty psyched for most of the gear... but I'm torn on one item --a set of after-bike wool-blend tops and bottoms. It's not display quality like the jerseys but I could wear it around I guess... or should I sell them to top up the bike-kitty?

I'm leaning towards selling them... what would Gimondi do?

A+

Philippe

·
Registered
583 Posts
That's Cool stuff

Keep it, you can always buy new bike parts, but this kind of stuff does not show up at your door everyday.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,270 Posts
If they're comfortable

If they're comfortable, wear them. If they're not, i.e., if they itch or they're not as warm as they look, send them further along the food chain. They are awfully pretty, though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also would happily take those off your hands. Very very awesome, I salivate over stuff like that. They would keep me warm riding my fixie to class every morning :) If I were you, keep them and wear them every day!

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
People actually sell bike stuff they own? This is a foreign concept to me. I think I've got every bike related thing I've ever bought since 1972! Keep it, it's tres cool.

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
I want that stuff.

If you're gonna sell, let me know first.

But you really should just keep it, and you REALLY should have a Bianchi with vintage Campy in order to prevent posing. ;)

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bonked said:
ditto for me...if it fits, never, never, NEVER sell it (unless you want to ship it to me...).
it's just the slightest bit on the small side -- and I have a riding jersey that came with it and fits better -- so I think that this baby is going to be sold to another loving home. Don't know if I'll Craiglist, RBR or roll the dice w/ e-bay. It's an authentic period piece in great shape and seems to be all wool. It was worn by someone on the Bianchi-Campagnolo squad -- but not Gimondi since his (see picture below Gimondi, Merckx and the Pope) and Basso's had world champion stripes on the collar and cuffs. Now how much to ask for this kit....

A+

Philippe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts