Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeremy I didn't think to google it. From what I found it was a mid to upper range bike. I intended to use the bike for a litle of every thing. I don't need Dura-ace on it but 105(w/friction shifters) would be nice. Can that be done is the next question? I would like to find this out before I start this build up.

·
Registered
813 Posts
yes it can be done. if you want 8-9 speeds you will have to have the frame cold set, because older frames came with a spacing of 126 mm, and new frames take 130mm. you can measure to see which yours has? it is the width from one rear dropout to the other.

you can put basically anything you want on it. 105's will work fine, even new stuff as well. It probably has a 1 inch fork, you can still find one inch forks on ebay if you wanted to upgrade to carbon too.

take care
jeremy

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
pjr said:
I was given a Fuji Del Ray frame and fork and am in need of info on it? Also what is the most modern drive train I can put on it? Is it even worth building?
Very nice frame. I built one up last year with a wacky combo of parts. 105 would be a good choice. As previously posted, you will need to spread the rear triangle to accept the wider spacing on a modern hub. A good bike shop should be able to do that for you.

Good luck!

- FBB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.