Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly you can't buy these yet but............

I recently bought some cool retro styled large flange Phil fixie hubs (see photo) and got to thinking how cool it would be if they could do a road version that'd run 10 speed Campagnolo.

So I wrote to 'em and asked if it could be done and got a quite promising response per below;

"Glad to hear you are happy with your new Phil Wood hubs.There is a company called "Wheels Manufacturing" that does offer a kit that allows to use of Campy sprockets on a Shimano typefreehub body. We do on occasion manufacture custom hubs which is what the large flange road hubs you are asking about would be. But of coarse it does mean extra charges for machine/tooling set up along with machining charges and this starts at $500 and goes up from there. So to answer your question yes, it is possible."
OK not cheap. I've asked them to firm this up - I guess if a few more of us were interested the cost price could fall quite a bit.

Anyone interseted. Might suit fellow neo retro lovers who like the ole skool look but ability to run 10 speed kit etc.

Just a thought,

DannyBoy:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.