Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I can't for the life of me find the stack and reach of masi evoluzione.

My stack and reach: 603/393

Venge: 593/401
Trek madone 6.2 H2 fit: 598/391
Masi:?

I'd like the masi to fit best simply do to price but want fit overall. This would be my race bike and I would use my current ride for known sketchy races.

Even though the trek is closer in fit would it be easier to match the venge to my setup. For example, 593+10mm spacer =603 with venge and with trek it would be 608 even though the frame was closer to my original retul fit.

I don't mind having to work on my flexibility and compensate with spacers or negative stem until I get more aero/flexible but I would really like my other measurements to be right on!

Do I need to just get something close and get another retul fit? Seems like a waste of money that way.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, I can't for the life of me find the stack and reach of masi evoluzione.

My stack and reach: 603/393

Venge: 593/401
Trek madone 6.2 H2 fit: 598/391
Masi:?

I'd like the masi to fit best simply do to price but want fit overall. This would be my race bike and I would use my current ride for known sketchy races.

Even though the trek is closer in fit would it be easier to match the venge to my setup. For example, 593+10mm spacer =603 with venge and with trek it would be 608 even though the frame was closer to my original retul fit.

I don't mind having to work on my flexibility and compensate with spacers or negative stem until I get more aero/flexible but I would really like my other measurements to be right on!

Do I need to just get something close and get another retul fit? Seems like a waste of money that way.
You're looking at the size 59 Masi? Yeah, bikecad.ca is a cool tool. I also use an Excel tool that calculates the stem length, angle and spacers to match an ideal stack and reach to existing frame geometries.

Based on the published Masi geometry, I used bikecad to calculate the stack and reach as 599 and 407. With a 100 mm/-6 stem and a total of 30mm spacers underneath the stem clamp, that gives your stack and reach as 600 and 404. You'd be stretched out an additional 3mm - not anything you'd really even notice.

Honestly, most road bike geometries on bikes with comparable ETTs are close enough that you don't have to worry about getting the cockpit just right. There's usually enough level of adjustment. As a fitter who uses Retul all the time, I'm more concerned with what the Retul measurements tell me with respect to your saddle position. If that's dialed in, and you set the saddle height and the setback the same, then you can get most bikes to feel pretty comparable fit-wise.

edit: Actually, for this all to work, I would need to know what size your current stem is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow guys super helpful!! bikecad.ca seems great.

I currently ride a 58cm cannondale synapse. My stem is 120mm.

I also have thought that maybe the retul fit may not be ideal if my original bike already had a really tall headtube but the good news there is I would be comfortable with some drop.

Here are the rest of my retul numbers:
Hope it isen't information overload! I think the 59cm masi is looking great

Saddle Height
BB to center of saddle profile
790 mm

Saddle Setback
BB horiz to front tip of saddle
neg denotes saddle behind BB
-77 mm

Eff. Seat Tube Angle
74 deg
Handlebar Reach
tip of saddle horiz to bar top
574 mm
Handlebar Drop
cen of saddle profile to bar top
neg denotes denotes bar below
saddle
-80 mm

Grip Reach
tip of saddle horiz to front end of
grip
708 mm
Grip Drop
cen of saddle to front end
of grip, neg denotes grip lower
-30 mm

Handlebar Stack: 663mm

Handlebar Reach
497 mm
BB to center of bar

·
Registered
42 Posts
The 120/-6 stem makes more sense, as does the Zinn report handlebar HX and HY. you could do a 110/-6 stem with a total of 25 mm of headset spacers including tapered cap and you'd get an adjusted S and R of 599 and 403.

Good luck.

Wow guys super helpful!! bikecad.ca seems great.

I currently ride a 58cm cannondale synapse. My stem is 120mm.

I also have thought that maybe the retul fit may not be ideal if my original bike already had a really tall headtube but the good news there is I would be comfortable with some drop.

Here are the rest of my retul numbers:
Hope it isen't information overload! I think the 59cm masi is looking great

Saddle Height
790 mm

Saddle Setback
BB horiz to front tip of saddle
neg denotes saddle behind BB
-77 mm

Eff. Seat Tube Angle
74 deg
Handlebar Reach
tip of saddle horiz to bar top
574 mm
Handlebar Drop
cen of saddle profile to bar top
neg denotes denotes bar below
saddle
-80 mm

Grip Reach
tip of saddle horiz to front end of
grip
708 mm
Grip Drop
cen of saddle to front end
of grip, neg denotes grip lower
-30 mm

Handlebar Stack: 663mm

Handlebar Reach
497 mm
BB to center of bar

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Oh great, now I'm going to play on bikeCAD for 3 hrs tonight...........because it's there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.