Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chloe is back in the cone again, and is totally miserable. I don't think this current contact lens is fitting very well, she's very squinty. I may remove the cone and let her pop it out.

Next vet visit is in two weeks, I think they are going suture the third eyelid down.
You out there SHV? What do you think of this procedure?
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
snapdragen said:
Chloe is back in the cone again, and is totally miserable. I don't think this current contact lens is fitting very well, she's very squinty. I may remove the cone and let her pop it out.

Next vet visit is in two weeks, I think they are going suture the third eyelid down.
You out there SHV? What do you think of this procedure?
sympathies snappy. hope C gets well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
snapdragen said:
Chloe is back in the cone again, and is totally miserable. I don't think this current contact lens is fitting very well, she's very squinty. I may remove the cone and let her pop it out.

Next vet visit is in two weeks, I think they are going suture the third eyelid down.
You out there SHV? What do you think of this procedure?
My dog is wearing a cone during the day since she ate her cast off without one. We bought a little muzzle for her and she managed to get it off and destroyed it. Even with the cone she had ate the cast away around her foot. We cut the bottom off a plastic bottle and put it over her foot, secured with duct tape of course to the cast. She has two more weeks before the cast comes off. I hope we all make it.

Good luck Chloe.
 

·
gazing from the shadows
Joined
·
27,207 Posts
Standing ovation! Well done! Bravo! I just stared at that with my jaw open.

Snap, I know this is hard to deal with for both of you. My best wishes for you and Chloe.
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
firstrax said:
OK, so I'm a little upset my pupster is still in this condition. The pink second eyelid, wtf is it called?
 

·
Bored beyond belief.
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Sorry Snap. My little man is having ocular issues again too. Sympathies....

Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
nictitating membrane...

nictitating membrane is the third eyelid. what's going on with your corgi's eye(s)? Sorry, I'm not up to speed. What did the vet say was the underlying problem? Is it corneal ulceration secondary to corneal trauma? Ectopic cilia (misplaced hairs at the eyelid margin)? Dry eye (KCS)? Autoimmune disease? Do you have recent pics of the eye(s)?

joe
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jeebus said:
nictitating membrane is the third eyelid. what's going on with your corgi's eye(s)? Sorry, I'm not up to speed. What did the vet say was the underlying problem? Is it corneal ulceration secondary to corneal trauma? Ectopic cilia (misplaced hairs at the eyelid margin)? Dry eye (KCS)? Autoimmune disease? Do you have recent pics of the eye(s)?

joe
Indolent corneal ulcer, no infection. Dx'd in December, been seeing an Eye Vet since late January.
 

·
Rep *****.
Joined
·
9,795 Posts
snapdragen said:
OK, so I'm a little upset my pupster is still in this condition. The pink second eyelid, wtf is it called?
Didnt know there was a second one either. Anyway, the situation sucks. Radar and I are pulling for her.
 

·
Back from the dead
Joined
·
20,626 Posts
Before you put Chloe back in the cone, did you ever get the urge to put it on yourself and wear it all day? You know, just to understand how Chloe feels!
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The contact lens did not make it through the night - found it on the bedroom floor this morning. :(

Last night, while still wearing the cone, she went outside but refused to "take care of business". Just sat on the wet grass, in the rain, with her cone. After about 10 minutes of me coaxing, I finally said to hell with it, and took off the cone. She bounces away, and proceeds to pee for like, 20 minutes. A definite lawn killer, must've been holding it all night.

The dog plays me like a violin........:rolleyes:
 

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
Joined
·
930 Posts
firstrax said:
Lets hope it does not come to sutures.
Better get some steak!
Very nice artwork. But, am I the only one who sees sagging breasts on the corgies? Or does the fact that I see them say something about me?
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4bykn said:
Very nice artwork. But, am I the only one who sees sagging breasts on the corgies? Or does the fact that I see them say something about me?
You're a sick, sick man.....
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Now that he mentioned it, so am I. Best wishes with the pup.
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Here. Chloe is the most famos pooch on NCD. I'm bored at work
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top