Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading back to Acadia National Park (Bar Harbor, Maine)

We do a trip there around the first of June every year, just before the season starts and the island gets crowded.

Last year we met up with Singlecross - And enjoyed some cross bike riding on the carriage paths

So, as a means of general invite -

If you are in the listening area, and even if you are not, and always wanted to ride Acadia -

May 28-31

For,
Cross biking -

Road Biking -

Good Times -

Lot's of quality riding -

If the weather is with us, it is guaranteed to be a good time with great riding

So, if you have the time,

Lets ride!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
PM or give me a call if you still have my number. I'm here on the Island and always riding...

singlecross

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
My mother-in-law lives up there, so I'm up at least once every summer for a week or so with my wife (and recently, my daughter). My wife and I biked many of the the carraige roads (on hybrids) - one of my favorite rides was to Jorden Pondhouse for Lobster Bisque and Popovers...though I like your option as well. Going to Europe this May so prob will not get to Mt. Desert before mid-June - tourist season will be well started by then I'm afraid.
Like your pics - been to those places many times, on foot, bike and skis! Fond memories.
A great place to bike. Pity the roads on the island are so dismal (for road bikes).
Would like to get my road bike out on the park's Loop Road one day, it seems to be in fairly good shape. Maybe climb Mt. Cad on my Allez?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts