Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went away this weekend (post here) and returned home to find a slight problem....
At first everything looks fine
Looking up there is a hint of trouble
Then you walk around the wall and aaaarrrrrrggggggggggg!

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I knew I should have worked on that tree last fall. In the spring I am going to have to rent a chain saw and cut off the left side of the tree before the whole thing comes down. Does anyone know what these spots mean??

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
zeytin said:
I knew I should have worked on that tree last fall. In the spring I am going to have to rent a chain saw and cut off the left side of the tree before the whole thing comes down. Does anyone know what these spots mean??

Yep, can sympathize, had an entire HALF of an ash tree fall last year during a storm, don't know if the rest of the tree is even going to make it. Wrecked my fence and my deck is over 50 feet from the tree, and it JUST missed it, spent 3 friggin days cutting it up with my chainsaw. At least now I have a lot of wood for the firepit. Also burrowed a friends wood chipper and mulched up all the smaller branches...so got some use out ot it...still sucks though.....sorry to hear about that zey...

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
zeytin said:
dunno, but they might be the sign of borer infestation. A good number of our aspens go hit by that this summer and the main telltale sign is sawdust at the base and rust colored spots. .

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bocephus Jones II said:
dunno, but they might be the sign of borer infestation. A good number of our aspens go hit by that this summer and the main telltale sign is sawdust at the base and rust colored spots. .
I have found some sawdust so that may be the problem. I also have been finding mushrooms around the base of the tree and I've been told this can be a sign of root rot. The tree has two main trunks and I feel that if I cut the one with problems off maybe the other half can live. I hate to cut down trees.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
zeytin said:
I went away this weekend (post here) and returned home to find a slight problem....
At first everything looks fine
Looking up there is a hint of trouble
Then you walk around the wall and aaaarrrrrrggggggggggg!
thats not a very good way to store your fire wood. just my 2 cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts