Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a White Industries T11 rear hub that has survived 2 cracked rims and has about 25K miles of mileage to it. I'm planning another full wheel rebuild probably with a different rim and would like to reuse the hub yet again.

Opinions on whether it is OK to reuse this hub again or should I take old Bess out back and retire her for good?

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
I got a White Industries T11 rear hub that has survived 2 cracked rims and has about 25K miles of mileage to it. I'm planning another full wheel rebuild probably with a different rim and would like to reuse the hub yet again.

Opinions on whether it is OK to reuse this hub again or should I take old Bess out back and retire her for good?
I'd use it. I've never used one but I'd pull it apart, giving it a good cleaning\inspection and rebuild with new bearings.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I saw a review of the T11 that liked the aluminum alloy that they used, saying it was less prone to cracks at the spoke holes. And it has a sturdy steel axle, with multiple bearings to spread the load. A titanium hub shell, too.

So, it seems to be designed to last forever. I'd keep it. White Industries has the bearing rebuild instructions on line, in a pdf. It seems to be quite easy.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I would definately re use it. I got a White hub over 12 years old it has seen many a rim. The reason they cost a little more is because they are made to last a long time.

·
Registered
481 Posts

Reuse.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll replace the bearings for good measure (can get all 5 of them with Enduro ABEC 5 bearings for ~$40) and use it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts