Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Coolhand said:
On "what the pro's use"- they use what the team sponsors and the director sportiff tell them to use. Mavic is a major sponsor to the sport and to specific teams and therefore many riders have to ride their wheels, like it or not. Often, the only varient on this rule is in the mountain stages where the non-sponsor ADA or other "dream" wheels come out. I am not saying Mavic makes bad wheels (they don't, although they tend to be much heavier and more expensive then some of their competitors), but don't base your decision in the least on what rider is using them, because unless they are Lance, they have to use sponsor's gear.

For Aero wheels, the Zipps seem like the trick to me. But I go for light wheels and box sections myself.

Coolhand
You can count on the fact no racer will use wheels that would cause him to loose. Even if they had to stick to Mavic they could always use the Ksyriums.

Regarding ADA, they're pretty much riding on the reputation and success of Lightweight wheels. The use of ADA wheels by top racers has been disputed many times which turn out to be from Lightweight instead.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.