Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Is it the future yet?
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wondering if anybody has any experience with their wheels.
http://www.revolutionwheelworks.com/Wheels.html

I have K SL's which everyone hates, but I love, but am thinking about something more Aero and more comfortable. I'll relegate the SL's to the days I go climbing.
I loathe custom for oblivious reasons, but I am very intrigued by these guys.
Looking at the 30L.

About me,
Over-weight at 5' 9" 155lbs, enthusiast, non-racer.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a set of the 22's..

They are legit and If you're into climbing I would go with them. They are super light and very very stiff for the weight. They inspire confidence down and uphill.
My old rims had 30mm profile and I have to say that in a crosswind these are much easier to control.

I have nothing but good things to say about this company especially for the money. 550 Bucks for 1350g wheels.. Yes Please!

·
Is it the future yet?
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are legit and If you're into climbing I would go with them. They are super light and very very stiff for the weight.
Thanks for the comments guys.
As I said, I have my SL's for climbing, so I am not looking for stiff. Looking for something more comfortable and aero than the SL's.

·
Registered
192 Posts
cmg said:
your opinion of the hubs? bearings? any problems with side play?
Hubs and bearings are pretty comparable to a set of Ultegra Hubs that I had laced to Open Pro's. Spin well.

As far as side play I can't comment yet. As of now nothing, but we will see as they wear.

I only have about 300 miles on the wheels. (bought them in May).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.