Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a pair of reynold assault SLG wheels. Currently using reynold cryo blue power brake pads.

I was wondering if these pads could be replaced with any swisstop pads? Reynold gear is pretty hard to find here in canada, and the cryo blue pads seem quite expensive to replace vs swisstop which is known for carbon specific brake pads.

Of course reynold say you cant but i was wondering if anybody out there had experience with swisstop pads on reynold wheels.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Don't use the Swiss Stop Yellow pads. They put more heat into the rims than any other pad. They're known to ruin rims.

The SwissStop Black carbon pads work well. A bit better than the Reynolds blue pads. I have not tried them on my Reynolds rims but they work well on FarSports rims.
BTW Williams sells the blue pads for much less than Reynolds.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi

I have a pair of reynold assault SLG wheels. Currently using reynold cryo blue power brake pads.

I was wondering if these pads could be replaced with any swisstop pads? Reynold gear is pretty hard to find here in canada, and the cryo blue pads seem quite expensive to replace vs swisstop which is known for carbon specific brake pads.

Of course reynold say you cant but i was wondering if anybody out there had experience with swisstop pads on reynold wheels.

Thanks
I'm in Canada too and was thinking of ordering from here:

Reynolds Cryo Blue POWER Pads - 2 Wheels - 2015 | ProBikeKit Canada

There's a code right now WHEELS20 and it takes 20% off. Ends up being 79 shipped which is the lowest I could find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.