Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Daft Punk built my hotrod
2,828 Posts

·
Recycle King
870 Posts
The extra 25% off sale was a 2 days sale(6th and 7th) celebrating Nashbar 40th anniversary in business, not just to mark it down from marking it up then discounting it to make it look appealing. I took advantage of the extra 25% and brought some Pearl Izumi road shoes, LG bike shorts and 2 Nashbar spare [email protected]$2.69 a piece.

NYC_CAAD, code was nb40. You can try to see if it still works.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks roadrunner.. I tried and no longer working..

"The promotion code you have entered is not available at this time. Please try again later. "

The extra 25% off sale was a 2 days sale(6th and 7th) celebrating Nashbar 40th anniversary in business, not just to mark it down from marking it up then discounting it to make it look appealing. I took advantage of the extra 25% and brought some Pearl Izumi road shoes, LG bike shorts and 2 Nashbar spare [email protected]$2.69 a piece.

NYC_CAAD, code was nb40. You can try to see if it still works.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
This just in. Setting a silly high "retail" price, then discounting it to what the wheel is really worth works better than setting the retail price low to begin with.

Next week...water is wet.
I believe the retail price is set by reynolds, not nashbar. At $2800 and purchasing it for a tad over $1k is an awesome deal. They are last years models, but still a great value.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe the retail price is set by reynolds, not nashbar. At $2800 and purchasing it for a tad over $1k is an awesome deal. They are last years models, but still a great value.
I am seeing a lot of deals on high end wheels at the moment since the wheels are not compatible with the new 11 speed Shimano cassettes.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This just in. Setting a silly high "retail" price, then discounting it to what the wheel is really worth works better than setting the retail price low to begin with.

Next week...water is wet.
actually, check that, i hear what you say about "msrp." problem is, the msrp is actually what the wheel costs if you go looking for it anywhere else, maybe a little less now that it's last year's model. IF you can find em...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I am seeing a lot of deals on high end wheels at the moment since the wheels are not compatible with the new 11 speed Shimano cassettes.
actually the higher end models from Reynolds using DTswiss hubs are all upgradeable to 11speed. It's $79.99 for a freehub.

You can order directly from Reynolds or purchase online.
DT Swiss Freehub Body for 11 Speed Shimano Compatibility - Wheelbuilder.com

Another reason why the reynolds are going pretty low is that all 2013 models using the DT Swiss hubs have switched to straight pulls.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks! I have been holding off on purchasing wheels because I did not want to get obsolete hubs.
up on performance. not the 66 tubular, not at that nashbar price. but....

Reynolds Sixty Six/Eighty One OE Carbon Clincher Road Wheelset - Road Bike Wheels / Wheelsets

performance is blowing out reynolds clinchers

Reynolds Forty Six/Sixty Six Carbon Tubular OE Road Wheelset - Road Bike Wheels / Wheelsets

with extra twenty percent off....forty six sixty six. down to a g.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks easyridernyc..

I ended up buying the "Reynolds Sixty Six Clincher Road Wheelset" price tag.. $1065.98 with shipping.. :D

Today was due date on pulling the trigger on some farsports 50mm front, 60mm rear with DT SWISS 240s HUB's carbon clincher 24mm wide. Price tag $1007. Thank god i didn't

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.