Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really thinking about trying these pads for my carbons. Have any of you tried them? Reviews seem to be favorable, but I question online reviews anyway. So if you have some real "user" data, please share.

Thanks

Electric blue Rectangle

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
You should use whatever brand of pad is recommended by your wheel manufacturer. If you have Reynolds wheels, go for it.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Those are the old ones, they don't look like that any more.

Who made your wheels? What do they say to use?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I got the bike used in a trade. The bike is a Zhong Wei R002 with 88mm full carbon clinchers (also from China). The pics that I've seen of the pads closely resemble the Reynolds. In fact, they're almost identical. But the pads on the bike now are NOT the correct pads for the wheels. And I won't ride it until I resolve this. Here's the bike I'm referring to...

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle part

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Oh, well. Looking at ebay it seems there's about 10 different kinds of pads for chinese carbon wheels. Blue, brown, black, red, grey, pretty much everything... that doesn't help any. If I were you I'd start with ones like Swisstop Black Prince or Farsports Ceramic and try those out. Or you could of course buy lots of different cheap ones from ebay and try them all out a little.

Well, if I were you I'd be dead already. That front wheel would send me for a ride in the crosswinds no question.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Oh, well. Looking at ebay it seems there's about 10 different kinds of pads for chinese carbon wheels. Blue, brown, black, red, grey, pretty much everything... that doesn't help any. If I were you I'd start with ones like Swisstop Black Prince or Farsports Ceramic and try those out. Or you could of course buy lots of different cheap ones from ebay and try them all out a little.

Well, if I were you I'd be dead already. That front wheel would send me for a ride in the crosswinds no question.
No doubt.
My new-style 44's catch enough air on my bike up front and I'm a big rider, could only imagine how much those would catch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No doubt.
My new-style 44's catch enough air on my bike up front and I'm a big rider, could only imagine how much those would catch.
I've been fortunate so far...as far as crosswinds are concerned. However, I did get caught in a pretty bad storm that was preceded with extremely high winds. I felt like I was gonna take off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts