Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
COBikr
12 Posts
Just picked up a set of these. After a quick email with Reynolds, here's what I understand: Carbon layup is NOT UL, but a stronger layup (pre-UL rim). Spokes are also a bit more burly and not the aerolites in the 2010 DV46 UL. I think this will be a terrific wheelset for a heavier rider like me (190lbs). If it's stout enough for Cross, it should handle my extra weight just fine on the road. I also ride '09 EA90 SLs so it will be interesting to compare full carbon tubular with lightweight alu clinchers... if I'm reading the posts on here accurately, it should be like night and day...

·
COBikr
12 Posts
Hard for me to compare- for the moment, it's all anecdotal... I don't know much about the EC90 Aeros, but I understand the 240S Hubs on the Reynolds are pretty nice and that the DV46 rim is quite efficient and enormously durable. I guess, I'll have to wait and see. Re: the carbon Eastons, I consistently hear decent buzz about Reynolds and Edge. I have EA90 SLs now and like them... but don't love 'em. I personally don't think ceramic bearings make much difference. I wouldn't turn them down, but don't think they're worth a $$$ markup on a wheelset either. Curious to get more EXPERT opinion on this matter than mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.